My Other Blogs

Labels

Sunday, April 19, 2009
The reason that they call it Nutty Brown is because the original business at this location was a factory that made Nutty Brown Pralines. Before it became the cafe, someone had a western clothing store there. I still have a couple of western shirts that I bought there. Now it's a big time music venue. A couple of weeks ago, (I live about 3 or 4 miles away as the crow flies)Pat Green played at there. I could hear it from my front porch. I guess it was pretty loud that day.




Read more about the Cafe at: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/11/141634/restaurant/Southwest-Austin/Nutty-Brown-Cafe-Austin

or read more at the Hill Country Hippie Blog: http://hillcountryliving.blogspot.com/2008_05_04_archive.html

1 comments:

Hill Country Hippie said...

Hey Mike, thanks for stopping by my blog. I like yours too! It's taking me on a trip down memory lane. My husband and I were both at UT in the early 70s, and fell in love dancing at the Broken Spoke, and listening to Jerry Jeff and the like. We even went so far as to name our son Austin. Fat lot of good it did us. Guess who's about to graduate from A&M in a couple of weeks!