My Other Blogs

Labels

Friday, April 17, 2009
Zax is a nice place. Somebody has dumped a bunch of money into this establishment. I remember it as Charlie's Hamburgers then as an Austin Music Venue and later Al Capone's Italian Restaurant. Well, those places are gone and I wish I had video, but I don't. However I take consolation in the fact that I never went to any of them except Charlie's Hamburgers anyway and now I do have video of the current and future incarnation of this building from the past. This was posted by WiseGeorge.

My memories go farther back. When my dad had a shop less than a block away, this old wooden building was a venetian blind factory. According to my mom, during World War II, this building was a skating rink. My mom and her dad were run over by a drunk sailor just outside this building.


0 comments: